Therapeutic Wellness Rates & Insurance
$200 per new client intake evaluation; due at the time of service.
$175-$200 for each therapy session; due at the time of service.
OT and SLP
$180-$240 per new client intake evaluation; due at the time of service.
$120-$160 for each treatment session; due at the time of service.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part with a cost-share due by the client. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan pays for therapy services. We do our best to help estimate your anticipated cost; however, it is still just an estimate and we will not know how your plan pays until after the claim has been paid. Therefore we recommend our new clients call their insurance company and ask these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health, OT, or SLP benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- Do I have a co-pay? Do I have co-insurance? If I do, how much will I likely be responsible for paying?
Courser Lapo Therapeutic Wellness and/or your therapist may not be paneled with your particular insurance; however, you may still be able to use your Out of Network (OON) benefits.
- We are able to provide you with a receipt (called a superbill) which you submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement. It is recommended that you contact your insurance provider to learn if you have out-of-network benefits and how they work for your particular insurance plan.
- If you decide to use your OON benefits, you will need to have a debit or credit card, a FSA card, or a HSA card on file. All payments are due at the time of service. Once payment is received, a superbill will be sent to you so you can timely submit your appointment information along your proof of payment to your insurance plan.
- Remember, It will often be more beneficial to your mental health and finances to receive treatment and pay out-of-pocket for out-of-network therapy short-term than to use in-network insurance, long-term, with a provider that is not trained in your particular concern or not a good fit for you.
- As of January 1, 2022, Courser Lapo Therapeutic Wellness will provide Good Faith Estimate (also called a GFE) for anyone wanting to use their OON benefits. Learn about the No Surprise Act.
There are many benefits to self-pay vs. insurance:
- No diagnosis is required for self-pay clients. While a diagnosis for some can be beneficial, for others it could have its consequences. It could compromise one's ability to obtain life, health, or disability insurance.
- Your goals and treatment will be determined by you and the clinician as a self-pay client. When going through insurance, our choices and treatment options may be limited as insurance determines for us what is considered "medically necessary" and could deny a certain diagnosis, number and length of sessions, and treatments.
- You will have complete privacy. When being covered by insurance, your information (diagnosis, nature of issues seeking counseling, treatment goals, how long the issue has persisted) is all shared with your insurance, anyone involved in the processing and handling the claims, and future employers.
Payment at the Time of Service
We require that a credit card, debit card, FSA card, or HSA card is on file and up to date throughout treatment to pay for co-pays, co-insurances, and deductible amounts. We do accept cash or check if a hardship exists and our billing office has given approval.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Our policy is to charge a $50 late cancel/missed appointment fee payable before your next session.
While we recognize custody plans often include a percentage split for parents’ financial responsibility, we do not offer split billing service for parents. The parent who initiates services is responsible for paying all of their child(ren)’s cost-shares related to treatment or other services not reimbursable by insurance. Invoices will be provided after payments are made which then can be sent to the other parent for reimbursement. The parent who initiated and consented to services will have access to all paid invoices which may need to be provided to the family court for reimbursement.